What is our role, as Trustees of FVC?
Farnham Vineyard, legally speaking, is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee. The Trustees are both company directors and essentially trustees of a charitable organisation. As such, this presents us with legal obligations and Charity Commission expectations, which we take very seriously. These can best be summarised as six main approaches to how we conduct ourselves when acting as a Trustee Group on behalf of FVC, ensuring that:
* what we do as FVC is in accordance with our Objectives;
* we are complying with our governing documents and the law;
* the decisions we make are in the best interest of FVC;
* we manage resources responsibly;
* we act with due care and skill;
* FVC operates within a framework of accountability;
Much of the above is the what & how of the Trustee role, ensuring the crucial framework to fulfil what we see as the primary responsibility of Trustees (the why) – to provide the legal, financial and operational pillars of support, which enable FVC Leadership to pursue and promote the God given vision for FVC and to equip the fellowship to collectively and effectively participate in the journey.